About the Feature requests category

Missing a function? Have ideas for a cool new feature? Post your ideas here or vote for another feature with a “like” :heart:.

Hi, Stefan.
I have a request for paperpile.

When I search for a text in paperpile, it only searches up to within the abstract.For those of us who use English as a second language, it is important to know what kind of text is used in the papers we usually read, however as you know, Google scholar are not enough for this feature. It is necessary for me to use Mendeley for this function, and I would be happy to see it implemented in Paperpile as well.

Would you like to add the function to make whole text search possible into paperpile?
Thank you for reading.

I have one super small feature request – on the PDF viewer, I noticed that the Zoom In and Zoom Out magnifying glass buttons are in the opposite order from what I expect – that is Zooming out is on the left, and zooming in is on the right.

One thought might be to simply flip the position of these two buttons – this would make the buttons consistent with many other apps (like Chrome’s zoom buttons when viewing a PDF) and with the way people mentally represent size (with small numbers on the left and larger numbers on the right).

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Stefan,

I am a Japanese user. I want a dictionary function. Another app “Goodreader” can translate the word in the app. If Paperpile had the dictionary function, I would feel better to use Paperpile.
Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Stefan,

To support collaboration, I ask for an option to set the links to take users to the website instead of the pdf on my google drive. When my team and I work on a paper and cite papers on (Google Docs) some team members don’t know the papers I cite, and I have to send them links in the chat. Now this is time-consuming and distracting. Suppose I could click on the citations and go to the website (even when I download it as a pdf). This would be an amazing feature as even if we need to fix the citation as a team, the links to the original website are available in the document. Thank you for making knowledge more accessible and open.