Add papers to paperpile by email

I would like to be able to add papers to paperpile by emailing them. This would enable me to add papers from (say) Twitter on my phone.

4 Likes

We have something like this in the works. We also find it to be a very convenient feature.

5 Likes

This would really be useful. While traveling I have found I simply can’t use Chrome on my MacBook because it eats up too much battery, but then I’m stuck whenever I want to quickly add a citation from Safari. And, of course, it would make it easier to add things from my phone as well. Not to mention the fact that one could then integrate with services like IFTTT which offer email-triggers for RSS feeds and the like. Ideally I’d like not to just be able to email PDFs, but to be able to email, DOI, ISBN or URLs from supported journals and academic websites… (Even better if I could add tags, or have an “inbox” where I could then sort things later.)

Yes. Many of us read papers on Twitter, mobile devices, etc. There should be a way to take a website and send to to paperpile, and have it do it’s magic as if the website were open on my computer in Chrome. It would solve 75% of my issues with Paperpile.

Let’s do it!

1 Like

This is still perhaps the lowest hanging fruit out there. Please, can we do this?

2 Likes

Agree this would get us 75% of add-on-phone use cases.

+1
I would really like to add papers as I read them on my phone, and I don’t really need a fully-featured app to do that. If adding papers via email could also tag it, this would satisfy all my mobile needs. Seems like really low-hanging fruit imo.

Agree that would be a big win

Yes. I increasingly understand why a full mobile solution for my ipad won’t work (it’s probably google’s fault). But I fail to see why we can’t use email to put references into paperpile. Twitter is the way most academics in 2018 learn about new papers. There is simply no way to go from my ios Twitter client to paperpile. And there should be. Then I could read the paper in the new app on my Ipad, while citing it on my laptop down the road…

2 Likes

Any news on this feature, which seems to be on the roadmap since 2016, Andreas?

1 Like

Any news on this? I would really like this. I browse a lot on my phone and would be a killer feature.

Have you tried our iPhone or Android app? You can directly “Share with Paperpile” and the paper will be added to your library. Like with the Chrome Extension it will also include the PDF and also can use a Library proxy if you have one.

I haven’t got access to the app. Can I sign up? WouLs love to have it!
Thanks.

Please drop us a line via chat or email (support@paperpile.com) specifying if you’d like Android or iOS and we’ll send you an invitation.