I just installed the app successfully and could synchronize my library. When I tried to download a PDF Android (6) asked me for permission to manage files on the device which I granted. Afterwards, I tried to download again and it failed. However, once I closed and restarted the app the problem disappeared and I could open PDFs. The user interface so far looks quite intuitive and tidy.
Missing features with regards to downloads:
- Option to save files on SD card (I presume it is just stored in internal memory?)
- Great that it has offline support, but would be nice to have an option for downloading the entire library for offline reading.
- simply great. intuitive, smooth experience.
- love the page overview and the table of contents-
- Annotation toolbar is great (movable, awesome!)
- Annotations generally work great so far, text highlighting works as expected
- Text notes (comments) are barely visible on white background. make the icon solid?
- I miss a mode for continuous vertical scrolling but would not consider it life essential
- I miss an undo button for annotations, like if I accidentally highlight some text.
- I miss the option to change the borders of an annotation, e.g. the option to extend a highlighted text to either side or to reduce the size.
Looking forward to see the other items on the roadmap implemented, particularly the option to add new references and PDFs via the browser or other apps (share to Paperpile). My first impression is very good.