Android private beta (old)

@stefan,
This comment is in hopes of being invited to beta. I have been using Mendeley (desktop and mobile) and am now switching to Paperpile. I would really like to be able to use the Android mobile version so that I can read papers on my Android tablet.

I know this is in Beta but having the opportunity to at least read my .pdfs from the app would be great. I would also like to provide feedback on the newer features as they are added.

So please invite me :smile: I would like to do quite a bit of reading on my tablet (and annotations when they are available).

Please add me to Android beta program!

I would love to be included in the next batch of testers, please!

Please add me to the next batch of beta testers, I have a fire HD tablet to try this with.

Hi Stefan, I am really eager to test beta app for android. Please add me on the next batch KD beta tester…:slight_smile: Thabks in advance !!!

I would like to take part in the next round of beta testers provided there is space.
Thanks!

Signed up to be on the beta tester list - still agree to try next time there is space. Specifically also interested in testing the app on my chromebook with play store support. This will become an interesting space for paperpile - with new devices like the Samsung chromebook/tablet with the stylus. Paperpile chrome extension + paperpile android app for offline reading and searching would be beyond ideal!

1 Like

Sync has stopped working on my Fairphone 2. When I press sync the icon is highlighted briefly but then nothing changes. Same on WiFi and mobile. I will re-install.

Would really appreciate being included in next batch of users for the beta android app, thanks!

I would like to be included in the next round of beta testing. With thanks,
Lesley Harrington

I can’t be sure, but it seems as if sync does not work when a lot of papers have been added since the last sync. When syncing fewer than 10 new papers it seems to work fine. But then if I come to it after a few weeks have passed (and lots of papers added), sync does not work.

Hmmm. That should not happen. We have much better ways to debug in the next version and will follow up on that once it’s out and still there.

2 Likes

Please add me to Android beta program!

Please include me to the Android beta program. Thanks.

I would like to be pushed up into the next ring of testers for the Android beta. Filled out the form a few days ago. Have a Nexus 9, Asus Chromebook C301 with android apps, and a Nextbit Robin.

Hi, I’d love to be added to the Android beta program. Thanks!

any news when the next beta round takes place? I’m now waiting since end of last year for invitation.

2 Likes

The next beta will ship with PDF annotations and that takes a bit more time. We will prioritize everyone in this thread with the invitations. Thanks for your patience.

3 Likes

I also signed up for the beta when it was first announced. I’m excited that a new version w/ PDF annotations is coming out and would love to try it! I also have an ipad and would be happy to trial the iOS version too.

I am super excited about using my Paperpile mobilally too, and hope to have a chance at being included in the next batch of testers! I am currently finishing my MS, and starting my PhD in Neuroscience this Fall. Being able to seamlessly use this wonderful tool everywhere will definitely make a tremendous difference!