Beta add-in for Docs constantly disconnecting from document

Hi there. The beta add-in is exactly what I was hoping for. Just for the fact that it allows me to export a clean copy, I love it. I would like to be able to have the add-in open all the time for easy citing, but every ~30 seconds, it gives me an error message saying it’s disconnected from the document (my internet connection is very consistent). The message is very distracting. The disconnecting never appears to actually cause problems, though – could you just provide a way to mute the messages?

That’s strange. Does the problem go away when you reload the document and re-open the add-on?

The message is a very severe message and it will definitely cause problems. It has nothing to do with your internet connection. It means the add-on can’t access the document through Google’s servers and pretty much nothing will work. Muting is not an option.

The add-on internally tries several times to connect to Google’s servers becfore it gives up and shows the message.

If this was not just a temporary issue, we need to debug that in more detail.

I’ve checked the logs and Google gives us the following error message which results in our ‘disconnected’ message:

We're sorry, a server error occurred. Please wait a bit and try again.

So let’s hope that this goes away…

@David_H I’m following up this problem, as we see it from other users in our logs. Do you remember which document you had opened when this happened? I wonder if there is something specific to a document that causes problems in the the add-on.

The server error from Google is not really helpful as it is just a very generic error message.