"Has Note" indicator

A small thing - currently, if I’ve added a note to an entry in my library, the pencil icon gets just a little bit darker. Could that become less subtle?

5 Likes

We are rebuilding the notes system and UI completely once the new PDF annotator is public and integrated with Paperpile. So that should not be a problem any more.

So, the pdf view is now integrated, but the note indicator seems just as subtle. More important, it would be wonderful if three things could be added:

1. A keystroke to quickly view a note (“n” would be the obvious choice, especially given that the down arrow already moves down to the next article.)

2. A way to have all notes showing. When you have 100s of articles for a given topic, a star usually isn’t sufficient to know which ones are relevant. Being able to automatically see your notes as you work through them would be very helpful.

3. Unless I’m mistaken, I can’t see the notes I create in Paperpile once I open the pdf in the integrated viewer. That would seem like a pretty useful thing too. Very useful actually.

Thanks,
Mark

2 Likes

Upon closer inspection I see that you DO have my suggestion #2 already implemented. To the right side under the Filter option if you click “has notes” every single entry with a note appears, and the notes are all automatically opened. You may have always had this and I missed, it, but bravo in any case!

Any update to this? As of July 2020, the note indicator is as subtle as ever:

Without squinting, it’s almost impossible to see that the bottom paper has a note, whereas the top paper does not.

3 Likes