iOS private beta 1 (old)

The time-out errors can be avoided by turning off auto-screen-lock.

The metapdf website does a nice job handling multi-column text when highlighting. The PDF annotator in the app does not.

The app does not render at native resolution on the new 10.5" iPads. This is quite sad for the PDF viewer in particular. Is there an ETA for this? It’s already scalable across iPhone sizes and 9.7 and 12.9" iPads.

When re-opening the app I’m wondering what the default behavior should be. I think if I was recently annotating a PDF (within the last 24 hours) it would be nice to open directly to where i left off. There should also be a “recent documents” view so I can easily find that file again if it sends me back to the list.

1 Like

I keep having an issue where the app does not want to sync. I have quit the app and restarted but have the same issue. Can you please advise? The message is Error.File sync did not finish

When that happens to me I have to log out and log back in again (restarting the app doesn’t help and isn’t necessary). But I’m really hoping they will push another version soon which addresses this issue, as each time you log out it has to re-sync ALL your entries again!

Yes that is what works for me too…hoping for a new version that fixes this.

We are rewriting the sync from scratch so this problem will be fixed by definitiion (if it occurs again it’s a different problem :smile:)

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your patience. We added new staff to the mobile project and it’s very high on our priority list.

2 Likes

Is there going to be a beta 2 build before beta 1 expires on TestFlight in 6 days?

Sync seems to be even worse after the latest update (today). Now even logging out and back in doesn’t allow me to sync my library :sweat:

1 Like

Same here: sync won’t complete, even with a full erase and reinstall

Syncing was terrible after the release of beta2 and I gave up after a few attempts, but today it worked great. Amazingly fast, and without any issues. I hope it stays as responsive from now on!.
UPDATE: Fist sync goes great, but updating the library is not working. Have to log out and rebuild the whole library every time I want to update! :frowning:

Tried a few times to get on the Beta with no luck,how far is this from general release ?

Any news on this?

Maybe its like the Loch Ness Monster…there’s rumours of it …but you know.

I was part of this beta, but it now the app has expired on my ipad. Can you please advise to the status of the app and the project in general?

1 Like

In another thread, the developers say this:

…we have doubled our staff this year and moving faster than ever.

We’ve invested a lot of money and resources to port Paperpile to iOS, Android, and Desktop (Word) and prepare our server infrastructure to make all the features possible you are waiting for. This takes time and we have come very close.

Without the ability to add papers from iOS, this beta is pretty hobbled. So often I find a paper on Twitter or elsewhere from my ipad. I’m totally stuck. No way to get it to paperpile.

I’m so frustrated by the lack of action on this front I could scream. I’m about to travel to NYC for a conference, and I want to just take my iPad. But I also need to edit a manuscript, and so…that’s a no go. I thought about buying a MacBook (adorable), but it really is too tiny. I’m about this close to buying pixelbook, but I need iOS for the rest of my life. Maybe I should ditch paperpile, but nothing inserts citations so quickly…

I really wish you guys would allow adding PDFs, although with google docs hobbled on iOS, I’m not sure that it would matter, because I doubt that you can fix that…

If I were going to go iOS only right now I would switch to Bookends. Even after the beta is fixed it still won’t offer many of the features Bookends already has on its iOS app. But since I still primarily write on a MacBook, I’m content to wait. At least I can still access my PDFs via Google Drive in PDF expert… Still, I know a lot of people are ditching their laptops for iPads and I hope that Paperpile can catch up with Bookends on this front.