Link to papers in article comments

Often I have an article that discusses something interesting and I want to add a comment with a link to the relevant paper (perhaps even a specific section). It would be nice if there would be a specific notation (e.g. @ or # or %) that - when typed in the comments box - would open up a searchable list of all papers, so I could simply select the one I want and I can always go directly to that paper from the one I’m in.

This would involve:

• Permalinks for articles (or even sections/lines within)
  • Searchable selection box of articles/sections within the comment box
  • Specific annotation that triggers the search box to pop up
1 Like

Hello!
You can add links to articles into comment bubbles using markdown language like [name to show](https://linktofile)
You can also use some other markdown features

1 Like

Thank you for the idea. As @satary says, you can add Markdown links in comments. We already have permalinks to items in your library which you can get through the triangle menu:

This is not exactly what you are asking for, but it is what you could do now.

I’ve been using Paperpile forever (OK 2016) and just discovered this comment - I did not know PDF comments supported markdown. This is a game changer for me as it allows me to link related references within my Paperpile library from the PDF itself.

Thanks y’all- please keep up the great work.

PS

1. You may want to implement in the citation note field and not just from the pdf comment, though the latter actually fits my needs better
    2.May want to highlight somewhere/somehow so it’s more discoverable.
1 Like