Method of inserting in-text citation to get consistent set of groups

Problem:
I have faced several times of inappropriate insertionof in-text citations after I have pressed "update citations & bibliography.

Example of my issue with citation style (Advanced materials):

-how I position my in-text citations:
Emerging researches have examined the influence of A under different environment (Elon, 1999)(Mudu, 2001)(Yusof, 2003).

-What I get:
Emerging researches have examined the influence of A under different environment [8,9][10][8,9][10].

-What i want:
Emerging researches have examined the influence of A under different environment [8,9,10].

Dear experts, how should i insert the citation such that i would get what i wanted above?

Please have a look at those posts. It depends on where you insert the citation. If your cursor is on an existing citation all new references you add will be added to this existing citation. If your cursor is next to an existing citation a new citation will be created.

For technical reasons, Paperpile cannot be smarter about that because at the time you start inserting a citation we don’t know what’s left or right to your cursor, we only know what’s on the exact cursor position.

APA format for multiple citations

Dear Mr. Stefan,

I have followed your link to understand further of the potential solution. However, I am confused about the method we can reach to the 'Type to add more papers" section in our current version of paperpile? I have tried several ways to trigger the emergence of that text-box (as shown like the link you provided), but to no avail. Please guide me, expert!

Thank you for your time and reply.

Have you signed up for Paperpile at https://paperpile.com and installed our Chrome extension?

Or are you using our free sidebar add-on from the Google Docs store?

In any case you need to place the cursor on an existing citation. Then when you add a new citation it will be added to the current group instead of creating a new one.