Multiple and independent notes?

Hi Paperpile Team,
Thanks for this beautiful tool, works great.

I used (and still use) Zotero, and there are two very usteful tools Zotero has :

• several notes can be created for a same reference ;
  • independent notes can be created.

I really like these features, it is really useful in my workflow. Not sure how many people would benefit …

2 Likes

This is on our roadmap and going one step further we want to combine that with annotations and notes made in PDFs.

4 Likes

This would be really useful. Another suggestion would be to provide a WYSIWYG text editor in notes so that text could be formatted and insert links to another papers o external content.

1 Like

Totally agree !

Thanks very much Stefan for your answer !

I second sergio_luna’s suggestion to be able to do some formatting of text in notes. For me, being able to use bullet points in notes would be particularly helpful.

1 Like

Great! The only part of my workflow which I have not been able to easily sort with Paperpile is the creation of quotations/notes on PDFs I read on ipad (my preferred reading device). At the moment I sync the starred papers directory to PDFExpert and when finished export the annotations into an html file back into that same directory, then manually copy/paste into Paperpile notes field.

Ideally I would love it if any highlighted text could be made automatically available as a note, much as with happens in Sente for iPad. It would also be super if it could have some awareness about page numbers in the reference - for example I have a number of PDFs that are journal articles whose actual page nos are e.g. 456-487, and while some platforms produce properly numbered PDFs so that the PDF viewer maintains that pagination, many simply have the numbers 1-31 and thus everything has to be manually changed later to associate the quotes/notes with the correct page.

I also endorse the styled text option for notes, once again I like to highlight quotes in PDFs that I might use in a paper and being able to retain italics from original easily would be most useful.

Many thanks!