Onedrive integration, MS Office Integration

Thank you for the update @andreas . I am only a little disappointed that Paperpile is focusing on Macs when the larger userbase should be MS Office on Windows. Anyhow, I volunteer for testing, even if the app is unfinished, as I have since Paperpile was first announced for testing on Reddit years ago.

Sure the user base on MS Windows is much bigger, but given our current technical infrastructure deploying for Macs first is the most painless way to get early feedback.

+1 here too for Word integration.

Like many others, I acknowledge Word is clunky and frustrating as hell, preferring to write text in Ulysses.

However, final copy is done in Word. You can write an undergrad thesis in Google Docs, but not a PhD thesis.

Then there’s the issue of supervisors, collegues, journal editors etc who are all pretty much using Word.

Also +1 for OneDrive integration. This seems like a no brainer to me. Universities that are giving students and staff Office 365, and most of them are in the UK, are also giving a large OneDrive space. Private subscribers to Word are also getting 1 TB of Onedrive space. Therefore, if someone is going to use Paperpile for Word then there is little need for them to have Google storage.

Are we on schedule for this?

It’s more first half of October because we first want to get the mobile beta apps out. We will have a blog post about the beta tests for this fall soon with more details.

Would you happen to have any update on the word plug in? I love a lot of the features that Paperpile has (I am in my free trial period), but would have to have word integration for it to be truly feasible for my thesis. My supervisors insist on word.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but there is nothing new to share at this point.

I used to post my current estimates but that turned out to be problematic because schedules change (sometimes because of things that are not under our control). Then users get frustrated and then we get frustrated because we work hard and make good progress and still everyone is frustrated…

That’s from the mobile app thread and it also applies here, in particular if you think about subscribing:

http://forum.paperpile.com/t/support-for-mobile-devices/67/58

Hi, I would be interested in testing the beta version of the Word Plugin for Mac, if you need people. Please email me if that’s a possibility! irosso@hms.harvard.edu

Why are the mobile betas a higher priority than the Word beta? Everytime EndNote crashes Word, I check on here again for an ETA. I used to go back and forth between paperpile/docs and word, but that just isn’t feasible nor is writing a grant in Docs. Excited to hear good news because Paperpile is otherwise awesome - but it’s hard to justify saying that when it’s missing the most common application of, to me, the primary job of a citation manager. Please consider!

3 Likes

Office Setup is here to help for the integration

I want to see Paperplie integrated with Onedrive and Microsoft Word. Please…

Integration with libre office would be wonderful!

While we are working on a Word plugin, and currently have it in private beta on macOS, we do not have any current plans for Libre Office integration.

Thank you! Word plugin would be great too.
I am on Windows.
I feel that Google started degenerating, they make poor decisions and mess things up. Their Drive is buggy - I am getting errors all the time and once in a while they mess up my files. So I am looking for a way to move to Dropbox + Word Online. Or any other platform that supports multi-user editing and Paperpile.

I agree with this request and want to bring up the following aspect - based on my current placement in China as part of my PhD: Here in China, google and related services are under censorship, so it is very cumbersome to use google drive and gdocs (which I would not use anyway as it is too much trouble in terms of collaboration). With Dropbox censored too, OneDrive is the only reliable cloud storage among the big global players at the moment. Needless to say: China is a ginormous enough market to consider making a Service workable here. Integration with MS Word is the only thing that keeps me from buying at this point, so also my question: is the Word Integration being rolled out anytime soon? I have to make a decision on which tool to go with soon!

1 Like

this is from december 2016, right? you guys have no update on this since? I mean will it be another few weeks vs another few years is really something you could share, don’t you think? Some of us are just waiting for this feature in order to subscribe…

1 Like

Hey, Also looking for an update since the discussion petered off. I’d like to switch over from a mixed Mendeley and Endnote use pattern but integration with MS Word in Windows along with OneDrive would be the clincher. Virtually no one uses a mac (not that they aren’t great computers) in engineering, bioengineering as their primary machine for writing. Please develop a plugin for word or even word online as the online feature set continues to improve. Good product! Looking to move over more fluidly.

1 Like

Send us a short message through the in app messenger or support@paperpile.com and we send you an invite for our Word plugin for windows.

+1 for OneDrive integration. I actually posted a similar thing to Dropbox thread but our university uses Microsoft OneDrive and we all get large storage space there. I was about to order a number of licences for my team but then I remembered Paperpile only works with Google Drive. If we could use OneDrive we could have a shared library and not worry about storage. Thanks

1 Like

Hi Andreas, is it ready? Really need to decide my reference manager tool and I like paperpile buy I need the word and OneDrive integration.
Teacher and academic to tend to have Ondedrive and not Google drive.