Thank you for including me in the beta. I have just been trying out the private beta of metapdf.
Running Mac OS 10.10.3 and Chrome Version 42.0.2311.135 (64-bit)
I’d like to start by saying I think that metapdf looks really promising that I like the interface and the potential that it shows a lot.
I had some issues with the only pdf I have tried to annotate so far from PNAS it is an open access article so I have sent this to Andreas. pdf available here: http://www.pnas.org/content/109/28/11288.short
- On page 11292 I tried highlighting from ‘Furthermore’ to ‘iTregs’ in the second column, second paragraph in yellow and this worked reasonably well apart from appear slightly broken up and not highlighting the full area.
- I moved on to highlight from ‘Conditional’ to ‘nTregs’ in the second column, fourth paragraph in red. This really didn’t work very well and highlighted and area larger than the one I intended. I tried to delete the highlighting and this didn’t remove the highlights. To see if re-highlight the same area would work I tried highlighting again in red and ran into similar problems ending up with two layers of highlights as well as changing my first highlight from yellow to red.
- Figuring I should just reload and try again without saving I attempted to reload the document, which worked, but left the highlight now in yellow that I made in 1 which had presumably been saved but not the highlight I made in two that I had tried to delete.
- I wondered whether I could similarly delete my 1st highlight which I did by selecting the highlight and pressing cross, similar to two above this didn’t delete the highlight, but wondering if it would be deleted when I reloaded I tried to save and sync and this failed. Chrome got stuck in a loop asking whether I want to leave the page or stay, but neither option worked and nor could I switch tabs so I force quit Chrome.
- Loading the document via Google Drive in Preview the first highlight I made remained. So I tried to delete this using Previews annotation tools. This was a partial success removing all the highlight apart from the word ‘Furthermore’. I was able to change this to an underline, but could not remove this highlight.
- Reopening in Metapdf I tried to delete the underline selecting the underline and then cross symbol. This did not make the underline disappear immediately, but I saved by sync to google drive and reloaded the document and the highlighting was gone.
I hope that this might be of some use to in your development.