Extension for Safari

I am using Safari Windows app but unable to install the extensions. What to do?

I’m happy to test it too @vicente looking forward to the update! Cheers

1 Like

Happy to beta test when its ready…

1 Like

Still waiting eagerly for Paperpile Safari plugin - would be grateful for an update :slight_smile: @vicente

4 Likes

Hello @vicente I have contacted paperpile two times of the past year regarding this feature. Could we please receive at least a status update including an actual timeline for the Safari Extension? Personally, this is starting to become a deal breaker given that so many other similar programs have this capability. Thank you.

1 Like

Apologies for the radio silence here – very poor support/communication on my part alone. The bulk of our resources has been and continues to be focused toward this goal. I delayed an update hoping to have news to share by now; even though we’ve been in final stages for months, complications of various kinds have kept forcing our schedule to be pushed back. This is a critical juncture for us which will set the stage of all future development, so it is essential we get it right. Delivering an excellent, functional product to the community will always be our priority.

With little more to say in terms of updates for now, we can only once again ask for your patience and understanding in this matter. Rather than posting promise dates we’re unable to keep, I promise to check in here every couple weeks even if there aren’t relevant updates from the team.

3 Likes

Hi all! Quick check-in: it seems the team has overcome the latest set of obstacles found so we’re once again getting close to a first release. I should have another update by the beginning of next month, will be back here then :raised_hands:t3:

5 Likes

I gave up. I do not use Chrome any more. I moved to a Edge. Paperpile works well with Edge!

1 Like

How are things going? We are approaching the end of May

1 Like

Things are looking good – last week I was shown a raw demo of some of the new features. Still a couple issues to deal with, and finishing touches to make things suitable for an initial (very limited) release, but I dare say we’re less than a month out. Will touch base again here before then.

7 Likes

Would love to alpha/beta test the new extension. I’ve been waiting for this feature for a couple of years now.

1 Like

woot! glad to see progress :slight_smile:

Great news! Happy to test!

Welcome the opportunity to test. Thanks for putting in the hard yards to make this happen :pray:t2:

Looking fwd to this update !

Appreciate the update. I’m happy to test as well!

1 Like

Counting down the days.

1 Like

Hi @vicente,

Any updates regarding the status of the safari extension and I assume the new front end?

As an aside, I am curious as to current status of plans for integration with note management platforms like Obsidian, notion, roam or logseq is envisioned. I recognize paperpile did a survey in 2020, but the PKM scene has significantly evolved since then.

Paperpile continues to have advantages for an integrated workflow thanks to ability to link to papers (if sadly not annotations or pdfs), but I hope development prioritizes further integration rather than siloed note management functionalities within PP- that ship has probably sailed.

3 Likes

+1 As someone who would be hopeless without Obsidian and Notion to organize ideas and keep track of references, this is the one feature aside from Safari support that would greatly improve usability.

2 Likes

Thanks all who have chimed in here! My last projection was a bit overly enthusiastic. We have just started testing beyond the dev team (just a couple colleagues and myself) and I’m afraid there are still some considerable issues to be dealt with before releasing to users. I’ve added everybody who has expressed interest in testing here to the list of beta testers. Will post an update next month.

@heumed, @Caroline_Ahn, plans for integration with other note managers are still solid (as posted on our roadmap, along with the surveys) and will be prioritized once the current updates are implemented by the end of this year.

3 Likes