I have created an application to visualize citation relationships from Paperpile json files

Hi guys.
This is Tatsuya Takahashi.

I have created an application to visualize citation relationships from Paperpile json files

But, there are a few problems with this application.

1. The process of exporting and uploading json is very stressful and time-consuming for us.
    → Is it possible to expose an authentication API from the outside or an API to retrieve JSON files?

2. Sometimes, DOIs are missing.
    → Is it possible to add DOI completion or suggestion functions?

It would be great if you could try out this application and let me know if there are any features you would like to see added.

Best Regard,
Tatsuya Takahashi

3 Likes

I love the idea of your citation viewer. I tried it out with the JSON file from my Paperpile library. Unfortunately the viewer is not very useful when displaying all 400 papers in my Paperpile library, and right now I don’t see a way that you can export a JSON of just an individual folder or set of papers. Would it be possible to add the ability for your application to accept paper data in one of the other formats (BibTex, RIS, CSV) that are able to be exported from Paperpile as individual folders?
Furthermore, the ability to select and delete bubbles/papers from the graph would also be a useful feature

1 Like

I appreciate your reply and great idea!
I’ll get right on it.