Hello and Good morning,
I came across a pdf on my drive for a paper that I wasn’t sure if I put it already in Paperpile or not. So in the search-box in Papaerpile I searched for the author’s first name, in this case, “Charles”, so nothing came up. So I decided to search again for the middle name in this case “Lee”. So I decided to search for a “part” of the journal name, and it came up. When I looked at the list of the listed papers the author’s name and middle name were abbreviated as: “Irons CL” when I opened the detailed of the paper then the full name appeared as “Charles Lee Irons”. I went back and searched by last-name and the paper immediately showed up.
I’m thinking that I should have looked it up by last-name, but that might also happen with others, I think if the search looks into the “details” of the paper it might have found it.
Not sure if that’s a bug or a later on enhancement.