How to take part
If you have not done so already, sign up here: https://paperpile.typeform.com/to/oKjiKR
We’ll first invite the users who participated in the very first beta tests a while ago. Then we’ll invite users who requested access here on the forum (in the old threads) and then add users from the waiting list (currently several thousands). If you have questions about invites, please directly contact us via the in-app messenger so we have your account information and we don’t clutter this thread with invite requests.
Our goal is to invite all of you as soon as possible and turn this into a public beta.
The main purpose of this beta is to collect feedback and find bugs.
Please post all problems, suggestions, experiences with the app here on the forum.
What’s in the beta?
Access your library on your mobile device
- View all your references and PDFs on phones and tablets
- Navigate quickly using folders, labels and stars
- Search for specific references
Organize your library
- Add references to folders and labels (via toolbar button or swipe left gesture)
- Manage folders and labels (create, rename, change color, remove)
Read and annotate PDFs
- Read your papers in a fast PDF viewer optimized for mobile devices
- Add comments
- Highlight and underline text in multiple colors
- Mark-up figures and tables with arrows, rectangles and oval shapes
- Add text directly to the PDF
- Draw and write anything on your PDF with the pencil tool
- Full support for the Apple Pencil
- Works together with our new PDF annotator for the web (also in beta)
Sync and Offline
- Automatically sync all your data and PDF annotations across devices
- Access all your references when offline
- Choose which PDFs you store on your device
- Set folders or labels as “offline” to download all PDFs automatically to your device
- Clear PDF files from your device to save space.
Roadmap: What’s next?
- Background download of files (up next)
- Share articles from your mobile browser and import to Paperpile (up next)
- Search online databases and import references and PDFs directly from the app
- Finalize design and user interface
- Add remaining features from web to mobile
- Download of PDFs only works when app is active. If you set folders or labels with many PDFs as “offline” this can block the app for a while. We suggest to open PDFs individually and only set selected folders/labels as “offline”
- Shared folders are not supported
- Fixed a bug that made sync fail when a reference was “auto-updated” in the webapp.
- No other major problems were reported, so we keep inviting new users until we hit a showstopper
- Avoid app crash when file download fails.
- Fixed problem with folder/label dialog not showing check marks correctly