Paperpile for iOS and Android (private beta) 📱

I’d like to be invited for the private beta version of Paperpile. Please add me to the list. I really like Paperpile. It would be very nice if I can use on my ipad. Thanks!

I would love to try out the beta for iPad as well and would appreciate an invite.

Thanks!

-Dave

Hi Paperpile team, have been actively using your tool for the last year and it’s been wonderful - would love an invite to the iOS beta to be able to use Papperpile on my iPad as well!

Thanks!

Hi - I am very much looking forward to this feature as well and would love to be involved in the beta testing for Paperpile for iOS. Thank you!

Hi. I would love to be invited to paperpile for iOS and Android (for my phone and tablet), the promise of this and the Word citation will make Paperpile the best reference manager for academia. I am glad I got away from Mendeley while I had the chance.

Hi folks,

I signed up for the original beta, and never received a response. So, I signed up again after seeing the announcement and then updates for the new beta, and still have not received a response.

Being able to kick the wheels on the current beta would allow me to do some risk assessment for my longer term use case which incorporates multiple iOS devices, and hopefully it may help me avoid switching to another solution prematurely.

I’ve been a happy Paperpile user on OS X for many years after switching to it from Endnotes.

Cheers!

I’ve installed the Android app on a Samsung 8" tablet and a Motorola G5S+ phone. It installed cleanly and works very well for its basic functions. Nicely laid out, responsive. I am particularly struck that viewing the folders is much faster on these android devices than on the desktop – it takes about 8 seconds to show the folders on my Surface Pro, and about 3 seconds on my phone.

The connection to pdfs does not work well. I get frequent freezes and crashes while annotating pdfs and when trying to view files on my device. I work around this for now by searching for the file in the Google Drive app and editing it in Xodo.

I don’t understand why you have chosen to download the files to the device: one of the nice things about the desktop version is that it works directly on files in the cloud (google drive) without downloading them. The downloading / uploading process is almost bound to run into glitches.

The only issue that will really limit my use of Paperpile on Android for now is the inability to edit, or even view, notes. I use notes a lot to summarize articles, so that absence is serious.

Thanks for the excellent work, and I look forward to further progress!

I also signed up for Beta testing and am eagerly waiting for an invite to test out the Android mobile app.

Signed up for beta ages ago. Not sure if that was first or second list but never have received invite. Eager to try reading academic pdfs on large ereader with paperpile!

Hi, I too signed up for the private beta a while ago and haven’t received an invite yet. I would love to get an invite, try it and give feedback.
Thanks!

The beta immediately crashes on my iPad (running IOS 12.1.1)

Stefan and Carlos: please send me invite for beta. Thank you!

Hi Stefan, love Paperpile and would greatly appreciate an invite to the iOS beta. Thanks!!

Could I please receive an invitation to download the Android beta, please? Thanks!

Hi

I have been a paperpile user for more than a year. I convinced my wife to join too. I filed twice the form to be included in the android beta test, and I still don’t get any. I am eager to use this on my tablet. Can we both get one invitation @stefan ?

Hi @carlos & @stefan

I filled out the form for iOS beta testing but haven’t received an invitation. I’m starting my lit review for my PhD and plan to stick with whatever PDF annotation / reference manager I choose for the duration of my dissertation. I’d really like that to be Paperpile, but reading/annotating solely on my Mac doesn’t work for me so I’d be very grateful to receive an invitation.

PS my partner is a developer so I promise to give lots of helpful feedback and send you lots of bug reports.

Thanks for all your work!

Hey @stefan I’ve been waiting awhile for an iOS beta invite. I’d love to get access for mobile use. Thanks.

Dear Carlos and Stefan,

I would like to ask you to invite me for the Beta. I essentially bought a new iPad just to try this beta. Seems incredibly promising.

Thanks in advance and for all your great work!

I have just lost all my annotations on a paper. I was half way through a couple of days ago, and continued today. The notes from today are still there but now all the previous ones are gone.

I realise things are still in beta so this might happen but is there anyway I can get them back? The notes were made all in the android app but everything was previously visible from the web app as well and the notes are gone when I look at the paper from the android app and from the website.

I have just gone to version control via my Google Drive and thankfully, if I go back a few days the annotations are back. Is there anyway to get them back all together in the file? Also is there anyway I might avoid this happening in the future?

I downloaded both versions, merged the annotations and reuploaded to PP. Everything was working great again but now I am having syncing issues again.

When I open the paper on the android app I can see my annotations. This is true both on my phone and on my tablet. I can close the app and reopen it and they are still there.

But when I open the paper on the website, Paper Pile’s beta viewer with annotations, its missing many of the later annotations.

I checked the pdf directly via google drive and it has all of the later annotations but it doesn’t seem to have the ones I merged in that are visible in PP.

So right now I can see three different versions of my PDF.

• Via PP Android App on phone and tablet - All Annotations
  • Via PP viewer on my PC all the annotations bar the last few
  • Via Google Drive Directly - All the annotations bar the first few.

What’s going on?