Pdf highlighter

I’d like to have the ability to highlight text inside pdf’s! The note taking feature is nice, but I’d like an option to highlight, similar to Word.

1 Like

That’s planned. Have a look at the thread here: Support for PDF annotations

Is there a comprehensive list of planned features or a roadmap somewhere? I’m sure you have one internally, just wondering if there is a public list that one could check before making feature requests?

No there is no public version of our roadmap. That’s what this forum is for. I don’t think it is much of an issue to have duplicate requests.

Stefan, it’s annoying to those of us who want to know where you’re going. What’s the downside of making the roadmap public?

Actually it’s the only thing people seem to agree about running a startup is to never ever publish your roadmap.

It’s just a source of frustration for everyone involved. A roadmap about future features means to specify dates, priorities and technical details. These things change all the time. We would just disappoint our users if a feature is too late, different than expected or does not came at all for whatever reasons (many not even entirely under our control). And it puts us under some artificial deadline. According to the first blog I cited below, that’s not a good thing and we agree:

Absolutely no good can come from sharing a published product roadmap with your customers. None. Zero. Nada. Nunca. Never.
[…] it will kill all product innovation. All. Innovation comes from collaboration, testing, learning and experimentation. It is simply not possible to experiment and innovate on a deadline.

Although we don’t publish a complete, structured list of features and release dates, we try to be as transparent as possible about what we’re up to. That’s why we created this forum. If I don’t share details about release dates or specifications it’s most likely because I don’t know myself.

If I know I’m actually quite open as you see for example about the PDF annotation feature. I know it’s coming because we have solved most technical challenges and so I feel comfortable sharing this information. But I don’t know the exact date so ‘soon’ is all I can say.

If you have a specific question about a feature, feel free to ask and I’m happy to discuss.

http://dataerous.com/post/51810660125/dont-publish-a-product-roadmap

http://www.freshbooks.com/blog/2008/11/11/5-reasons-why-sharing-your-product-roadmap-is-a-bad-idea/

2 Likes

Excellent! Thank you for the update :slight_smile:

I subscribe this request. It is a urgent need to have the possibility to highlight PDF indexed in paperpile. Please, put your focus in this feature.

Regards,
Juan

Actually we have put our focus on this feature for quite some time now. We will definitely have something to announce soon :smiley: