Export annotations on mobile

Well tested. I agree, the ability to export highlights is important. I’d stick to my existing PDF reader (Moonreader) until this function was implemented. Congratulation the app so far.

@kerim and @Mzantsi In what format / to what application do you want to export the annotations?

Do you want to do this on mobile?

Export of all PDF annotations and all other notes in standard formats like Markdown are planned for our new notes UI in Paperpile and also for our web PDF reader (actually we disabled the function in the current beta of the PDF reader I think, but only because we are working on this feature…)

Yes, I very much want to do this on mobile! Right almost none of the mobile e-book or PDF readers make it very easy to export one’s annotations. You can do it via email in some cases, but I would much rather be able to export my annotation directly to Bear, Outlinely, or similar apps that can take text via the share extension. Really, just a plain text file with each clip on a separate line and no extra metadata would be fine. To be honest, my preferred format would be OPML to be able to import directly to an outliner app (which is where I process my notes) but they can mostly import plain text files as well, so that isn’t really necessary.

1 Like

I would export my notes to Evernote. But naturally I would like to also include copies in the Paperpile entry itself. I usually do both. I currently rely on Evernote for research, but am gradually moving across to Paperpile as these features develop.

@kerim and @Mzantsi I’ve made a new feature request to make it easier to track this one.

3 Likes

Has this feature come back yet? I’m going a bit crazy with out it.

1 Like