Inserting citations fails when document is simultaneously being edited

Description:
The citation box disappears while I’m entering text into it and my collaborator (3 desks down) starts typing any text into the same Google Docs file.

Expectation: I should be able to add citations while another person is editing the document.

System: OSX 12.7.1, using Vivaldi (Chromium-based) 6.5.3206.59 (Stable channel) (x86_64)

Same issue here. It makes it basically impossible to use the dialog if many people work on a document. This behavior started Feb. 20, 2024 or so, when the Paperpile extension was modified to work around the new Google Docs link insertion dialog that started rolling out around Feb. 14, 2024. Hope this gets fixed soon!

1 Like

Thank you for your reports, @Pete_Carlton and @Sven_Heinz. The team has made a bug for the issue and it will be addressed as soon as possible.

Hi! I’m having the same issue - insert citation pops up but then disappears before or just as I start typing. The document is not shared in my case but seems similar to what people are reporting here. Currently Paperpile is unusable, unfortunately.

Thank you!
Eric