Add ability to disable PDF sharing for shared folders?

I am finding PaperPile shared folders very useful for making lists of papers available.

However, the automatic inclusion of my PDFs causes problems for publicly sharing such folders. I’m wanting to do things like use PaperPile to make the list of papers I cite in a talk easily available; this has the effect of publishing the PDFs.

If I could disable PDF sharing for a specific shared folder, that would fix this problem.

1 Like

Thanks. That makes sense and is planned as part of a major sharing update. Unfortunately we have not started or scheduled these improvements so I can’t give more details on this at the moment.

Just wondering if there’s any update on this. The automatic BibTeX export provides another path for some of my use cases here, particularly when combined with BibBase, but the PaperPile folder view interface still has a better viewing experience.

Thanks for the ping, @mdekstrand. The major sharing update Stefan mentioned here has remained in planning stages since then, although it has been worked on in the last few months. Unfortunately this means we still have no concrete timeline to share, but rest assured it’s well on our radar / among our top priorities.

1 Like

Very good to know, thank you!