Adding Citation Type: Application Notes

I am really enjoying using paperpile. One thing that would be great to have is the ability to cite application notes from companies. In electrical engineering work, manufacturers often release application notes that give detailed information on how to integrate their components into an electronic design that can contain very useful information. At the moment I have been adding these citations as “Miscillaneous” with a custom sub-type of “Application Note”. However it would be nice to have a way to add these references as a first class type so that it is easy to filter for them. Alternatively, the option for adding custom types, or filtering on sub-types, or even allowing for custom field “templates” so I don’t need to add in the sub-type, publisher, etc. fields manually when selecting “Misc” as the field type would be helpful.

I am happy to work with your developers to create the right list of fields for an application note type.

Thanks for the details, Marc. We’ve had the request before so I’m adding your +1 to the topic on our internal tracker. I can’t promise we’ll be able to prioritize solutions for this soon, but I’ve left a note with your info in case the team wants to take you up on the offer to help :+1:t4: