Adding first initial in text citations despite matching spelling

I’m using Paperpile in MS word, with APA 7th edition style, and trying to include two citations with the same first author, but different co-authors:

Greenwald, A. G., McGhee, D. E., & Schwartz, J. L. K. (1998). Measuring individual differences in implicit cognition: The implicit association test. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 74(6), 1464–1480. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3514.74.6.1464

Greenwald, A. G., Poehlman, T. A., Uhlmann, E. L., & Banaji, M. R. (2009). Understanding and using the Implicit Association Test: III. Meta-analysis of predictive validity. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 97(1), 17–41. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0015575

I’ve double checked that all citations with AG Greenwald have exactly matching form and spelling in Paperpile (I copy-pasted to be sure). However, the in-text citation is showing up as (A. G. Greenwald et al., 1998, 2009). These are two different 'et al.'s, but the same Greenwald. There are no other Greenwalds let alone AG Greenwalds in the document (I ensured this by creating a new document with only these two citations in it for testing).
I believe the in-text citation ought to look either like (Greenwald et al.,1998; Greenwald et al., 2009) or perhaps even (Greenwald, McGhee & Schwartz,1998; Greenwald, Poehlman et al., 2009). It’s possible it might even be (Greenwald et al., 1998, 2009). In any of these cases, there should be no first initials.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum, @Nathalie_Desrayaud, and thanks for sharing this issue with us. I went to the URLs for these papers that you shared, and saved them to my Paperpile library using the browser extension. Then I cited the papers from my library in Word using the APA7 citation style.

The references appear like this,

just as recommended by the APA7 style guide.

When you cited these references in a new Word document for testing, did they appear correctly (as above)? If they did, then the issue is specific to the original document. To resolve it, delete all instances of the in-text citation and re-insert them. After doing that, if you continue to have issues, please share the document with us over chat so that the team can take a look.