Annotation support and optimization for e-ink devices

Hello, I’m using and loving both the app and the web interface, looking forward to use the new beta. I’m also using the app in my Boox Note Air e-ink tablet, and while it works great overall, it is imposible to annotate a pdf in-app with the pen due to the lack of optimization for this kind of devices.

Right now (for anyone who might be interested on a solution) I’m syncing GDrive folder with a local folder using FolderSync, annotating them in the native book reader, and syncing them back to drive. While this works, it is not ideal.

I also know this devices are still somewhat niche, but given how useful they are for paper read and annotation, I think it would be a great feature to be added in the future.

2 Likes

+1 boox nova user here

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @Miguel_Ramon and @NiksaVel! This is very much on our radar. A complete rewrite of our web PDF viewer is planned; once work towards that has begun the team will also consider improving our support of stylus/handwriting for both web and mobile. I’ve added both your +1s to the topic on our tracker.

2 Likes