APA 7 - Citing a TV series

Hi All,

I have been trying to cite a TV series according to APA 7 using the Paperpile - Add citation manually → Video or Film features.

While I have entered all information, the citation in the reference list is not correct and is missing fields that are required according to APA style, e.g. the name of the producers and TV series

Please see below for what has been produced:
Amstrong, J. (writer), & Welsh, B. (director). (2011, December 18). The Entire History of You (Season 1, Episode 3) [TV series episode]. Channel 4.

And here for what would be required according to APA 7:
Amstrong, J. (Writer), & Welsh, B. (Director). (2011, December 18). The Entire History of You (Season 1, Episode 3) [TV series episode]. Channel 4. In A. Jones & C. Brooker (Executive producers), Black Mirror; United Kingdom: Channel 4.

If anyone could advice on this, that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

hi, Stef_Meliss, I think you have to create a miscellaneous entry, because PP doesn’t have a tv episode type.

I see what you are saying. I couldn’t make it work either

ohhh!!! looks like the broadcast type works:

here’s the format:
Writer, W. W. (Writer), & Director, D. D. (Director). (Original air date). Title of episode (Season number, Episode number) [Tv series episode]. In P. Executive Producer (Executive Producer), Series title . Production company(s).

here’s my result:
directors. (2020). title (episode) [Format]. In program title. network. (program title is in italics)

here’s my entry

1 Like

Welcome to our forum, @Stef_Meliss, and thanks for the query. It seems like the style code is missing the mapping for the Producers field – I hoped to find a workaround by filling other fields, but no luck.

I’m afraid I don’t have a solution to share in this case, besides perhaps editing the style on CSL (the community-based repository we fetch our styles from) which is something rather tricky we lack the resources to assist with. I’ve reached out to the team for suggestions; if there are any I will share them here.