Can't open paper pile - server error

When trying to open paper-pile, I have been getting the error
We’re sorry, a server error occurred. Please wait a bit and try again
for two days now. Should I do something to fix this?

(it is kind of urgent, we have an upcoming deadline and it will take a long time to re-enter all references in a different manager, as it also does not seem possible to export them).

Thanks a lot,

Dorine

There is currently a Google bug which is preventing us from working on some documents with suggested edits/comments. We have notified Google and they are working on a fix. Unfortunately, all we can do at the moment is to ask our users to make copies of their documents without any suggestions/comments.

If you feel so inclined, you can folllow the bug progress here: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/122568574 . Starring the bug in theory helps it get prioritized, although as they have already assigned an engineer I am not sure if it changes anything at this point.

1 Like

Can you clarify what this actually means?

We are unable to reformat a document in “Edit” mode. Is this another bug? How do we go about reporting/troubleshooting this?

It means the Google servers return an error as soon as we try to read the document to scan it for citations. This affects the document as a whole, irrespective of what mode you are in. At the moment, the only workaround is to create a copy of the document without any suggestions or comments.

This is an absolutely critical issue. I hope it is addressed soon.

It appears though that not all documents are affected. I am able to insert/format citations in one document that has comments, but not in another one. Is this expected? Is it sporadic?

I received resolution notification from the aforementioned Google bug, and paperpile started working for me! Looks like the issue has been resolved! :fireworks:

1 Like