Change of file name on gdrive not propagating to bibtex

Greetings,

I recently changed the filename convention for file names on google drive to avoid spaces in file names. I did this from Paperpile>Settings>Storage & Sync>Configure>Advanced. The file names were all promptly changed BUT when I export to bibtex, the “file” field of each bibtex entry shows the old file name (with spaces). This renders that field useless! How do I address this?

Unrelated: I would have reported this via the “Contact Support” button but this has stopped working for me: it pops up an empty window that does not accept focus.

Browser: Chrome Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit) under debian 10.

It seems this goes further: any change to a filename (even one instigated by paperpile) does not get recorded in the entry.

Example: I had a 2008 arxiv preprint of Smith, say, and so the file saved had a name like Smith - 2018 - Title.pdf. Two years later, the paper was published and so I updated the entry. Paperpile changed the filename on google drive to Smith - 2010 -Title.pdf but the file name that shows up in the Paperpile GUI (and any exported bibtex) is still Smith - 2008 - Title.pdf.

This looks like a bug to me…

Thanks for the report, @Fran_Burstall, and sorry about the delay in getting back to you. It is indeed likely you’ve come across a bug/glitch, especially considering this new Drive file-handling tool is in beta. I’ve raised the issue with the team, will reach out with an update as soon as I hear back from them.

Now about this…

Do you mean the chat bubble on the lower right corner of the Paperpile website? Is it still not working for you? Let me know, and also keep in mind you can reach out to us via email at support@paperpile.com.

@Fran_Burstall, the dev team confirmed this is a bug on our side - an old file path in need of an update to match the new configuration options. It is now on the queue to be fixed. Thanks again for the report!