Cite paper from the PDF reader

I might be missing it, but there doesn’t seem to be an option to cite the paper I am reading in the PDF reader- which would be nice as a lot of times I highlight or copy a paragraph and paste it into my note app- at which point I want to include the citation.

Even better yet would be the option to to copy into the clipboard a brief citation with a share or personal link in markdown format [Smith et al, 2018](personal paperpile link). These could be added to either the … menu on the left or the setting menu on the right.

3 Likes

Thanks @heumed! I was certain this request had come up before, but it seems I was wrong. The most closely related ones I see are the possibility to edit metadata from within the viewer and obtaining a shareable paper link.

I see the use in reducing a few clicks (not having to go to the library to cite) but am not sure how feasible it would be to port this webapp function to the viewer. Regardless, the idea is now in our internal tracker and +1s are welcome as usual. Let me know if you had any more details or feedback to share.