Coping texts in Paperpile viewer negatively affects DeepL translation

Hi.
When we copy a text in Paperpile viewer, line breaks are automatically removed. I think this is a great feature.
However, the lack of space after removing a line break has a bad effect on the translation at DeepL.

e.g.
Original:

In this figure, stricter and average applicable ranges de-
scribed in Section 4.2 are plotted as solid and dashed lines.
It is clear from this figure that the proposed method can
keep factors near the original tempo compared to naive DJ
mixing in a transition.

Copy & Paste

In this figure, stricter and average applicable ranges de-scribed in Section 4.2 are plotted as solid and dashed lines.It is clear from this figure that the proposed method cankeep factors near the original tempo compared to naive DJmixing in a transition.

There are two problems.

1. … lines.It …
    In DeepL, sentences following a comma are not translated for some reason(I Don’t know). I want a comma followed by a space intentionally.

2. … method cankeep factors …
    If the Author does not include spaces at the end of a sentence, deleting a line break will cause the words to be combined.
    It helps me that Paperpile inserts whitespace, if not whitespace at the end of a sentence.

Regards, Tatsuya Takahashi.

1 Like

Thanks for the request, Tatsuya. I’m not sure we are in a position to offer this level of customization for copy/pasting, but I’ve added the idea to our internal tracker nonetheless. Please don’t hesitate to share any other feedback or questions you may have.

1 Like

@vicente
Thank you for your reply, Mr. vicente.
It annoys me that the result of copying PDF text in paperpile viewer is different from the result of copying PDF text in chrome default viewer.
Have you already implemented the ability to remove line breaks when copying PDF text as a feature of Paperpile viewer?
I would ask you to insert whitespace, if possible, when removing line breaks in paperpilie viewer.

1 Like

Actually replacing line-breaks with (white) space really would be helpful here.

Hi.

I have the exact same problem.

Have there been any progresses on this issue?

Thanks for the ping here, @tacihi, and welcome to our forum. As we discussed via Twitter, although the team is aware of this issue we’ve been unable to prioritize updates / bug fixes in the PDF viewer for a while – we expect to do so after releasing some of what’s currently on the pipeline.

A workaround, as OP @iwa_sheep mentioned, would be to copy text from the Drive or Chrome default viewers, which you can quickly open via the gear icon in the top right corner of our viewer.