Copy formatted in-text citation from the cite menu

I would suggest a possible interesting feature to supply the lack of google slides (or other) integration. In the paperpile menu cite a good feature could be to add an option to copy the formatted in-text citation to paste inside our slide.
For example, I have this citation if a use ctlr+c:

Fahrenfort, J. J., Scholte, H. S., & Lamme, V. A. F. (2007). Masking disrupts reentrant processing in human visual cortex. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience , 19 (9), 1488–1497.

But I would like to also have the possibility to directly copy the Faherenfort et al. (2007) citation.
What do you think?
Thanks

2 Likes

Thanks for the request, Filippo. The topic has come up before but was not yet on our tracker; I’ve now added it for the team to consider over future reviews. We prioritize topics based on user demand so any +1 are welcome.

1 Like

Vicente, how about a web page with a 3 column table:

• number of requests
  • title of requested addition/change
  • full description of requested addition/change

That way, users could see what the options are. It could possibly be a feature of the forum, and users could REPLY to add their +1’s

1 Like

I came here to suggest something very similar. I write in Scrivener and then compile to Google Drive for final formatting, sharing, printing etc. To do my in-text citations, I’ve been making the linked cites in Google Docs then pasting into Scrivener. Then, when I compile and save in Google Drive, I run “format citations” to format everything and add the bibliography.

It would save me a step if I could copy the link or linked citation directly from the cite button in Paperpile. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a good idea, @Bruce_Borkosky. Of course, that’s the intention of the forum but I realize it’s not always so clear for users to find/understand features to upvote. We are actually in the process of migrating this mythical tracker I keep mentioning to a product management software, re-checking each request in preparation for the upcoming stage of our development where we’ll be able to implement user-facing features more often.

I am personally tasked with this project; once done I’ll discuss next steps with the team and the possibility to have a public version for users to see/upvote beyond the forum.