Error of citation location

We working on review paper using Google Docs. After updating citation in paperpile, it insert citations in the middle of document and removes the part of the text (part of citations too).

@Ilia_Petrov, this happens when an element from the bibliography (even a single character) was copied to the main body of the text, which makes our tool think that’s where the reference list should start and wreak havoc on your paper.

The solution is to delete whatever was copied. If you can’t remember exactly what it was, you can copy the suspected section and ‘Paste without formatting’, replace any lost citations and then reformat to see if it worked. If it did, great! If it didn’t please let me know.

Thank you for the reply! I realized that in 2h after I created this topic! I’ve found copies of references in the text as you said. Problem is completely solved.
Thanks again for support!

1 Like

Thank you for discussing this topic. The same thing happened to me and I could not figure out how it happened. I was copying in references from another manuscript I wrote. Thank you for the tips on how to fix this.