ETA for annotations export feature?

Is there an update regarding the PDF viewer with annotations? The option to export annotations has been under development for months now without any indication of when it will be done. I can’t find any information on the forum about it except an older thread here: PDF annotations are in beta. Please read this first. But that thread refers to the first release apparently.

4 Likes

Sorry there is no new ETA for that. It has not been under development for months, we just been working on consolidating the notes between mobile and web. Only when that is done it makes sense to spend time on downstream features like the export.

In the meantime: Can you download the PDF and open with any other PDF viewer? I assume there are some that can export annotations in different formats.

I just talked to @jason. He told me it’s a frequently requested feature also during private support conversations. I’m very happy about that (it’s not great if you remove a feature and nobody complains…)

We do our best to bring it back and have increased it’s priority in our own feature/bug tracking system.

4 Likes

The annotation export was actually one of the big draws for me. Being able to style with Markdown and export into an actually nice document is unique, so I’m eagerly awaiting its re-release as well.

It would also be great to be able to download annotations for a given PDF as JSON.

3 Likes

Same here. Hope the export feature can be brought back ASAP.

3 Likes

+1 for adding this feature sooner rather than later… Thanks!

2 Likes

+1 this would be very useful to my workflow.

2 Likes

+1 also eagerly awaiting this feature. Thanks!

2 Likes

+1 for adding this feature soon, thanks!

1 Like

Any progress to bring this feature back? It is hard to work without it.

Thank you for your patience. We have now re-introduced this feature. Let us know if you notice any problems with it.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s great. Works perfectly (so far). Thanks.

Thank you for pushing forward for this feature. It is really handy.
The only problem I’ve found is that although the annotations appear in order, when I try to export them such order gets somewhat messy. It happens only on 2-columns papers.
Pictures attached.

@David_Aceituno Thank you for reporting this. It should be possible to fix this with the next release.

Agreed, so happy to see this feature back!

Lovely. Great to see OPML export as an option! (I import my annotations to Dynalist.io.)

:grinning:

1 Like

The annotations export on the web-based PDF viewer is excellent. Is there a comparable option on mobile (iOS)? This would be an awesome feature!!!

I looked through old forums but haven’t seen anything recently.

thanks!

All annotations are synced between mobile and web. So you can export all annotations you make on the web via the web viewer.

1 Like