Exclude folder from list of all papers

I’d like put papers I’m currently reviewing into Paperpile (for ease of synchronization with the iPad, and for the great annotation features). I’d put these in a separate folder. I’d like to exclude that folder from the list of “all papers” — mainly to not clutter the view. So this is a feature request for some kind of a toggle to add to folders to exclude their contents from the list of all papers.

Thanks for the request, @dmorozov. I understand this would be useful, but am not sure if we could feasibly implement a solution for this without a complete rewrite of our library structure. We store the entirety of your library in the ‘All Papers’ section, and the assignation of folders/labels depends on that main repository. I guess we could introduce more comprehensive ways to toggle display to achieve what you’re looking for; I do know we intend to make some changes/improvements to our UI so this could very well be addressed over that eventual update. I’m adding your +1 to the topic on our internal tracker for the team to consider.

In the meantime, a workaround would be adding all papers to a new folder, then going to the folder you want to exclude, selecting all papers in there, and using the top menu to remove the papers from the other folder. This will not stay updated when you add more papers, but may be useful in a pinch.