Fetch PDFs from links in Google Scholar Part 2

Sorry to disturb you. I just wanted to let you know that Paperpile in some cases does not fetch the PDFs from Google Scholar. As an example I added a reference (Hahn and Oaksford, 2007).

Thank you for your great work!

Hahn, U., & Oaksford, M. (2007). The rationality of informal argumentation: A Bayesian approach to reasoning fallacies. Psychological review, 114, 704. doi: 10.1037/0033-295X.114.3.704

Google Scholar Link

You are not disturbing at all. There are two issues here. If you click on the title of the article you will be redirected to http://psycnet.apa.org/journals/rev/114/3/704/ where you (or Paperpile) can download the PDF only if you have access to it like when you are on campus. The PDF link on the side goes to ResearchGate where the author of the paper uploaded the PDF. Fetching PDF files from ResearchGate is not yet available for Paperpile, but we hope to enable this feature with the next release of Paperpile.

We have updated Paperpile to also download PDF files from Research Gate.

Welcome to our forum, @SergeiWallace! Thanks for the report. The many different kinds of proxy / access settings available to users makes this type of issue very challenging to reproduce from our end, since 1) it usually happens to some users but not others, and 2) we are mostly unable to reproduce exact access conditions. Regardless, we keep track of reports and investigate patterns when they appear.

With that in mind, please feel free to share some/any other ResearchGate paper links where you’ve run into this issue and I’ll pass them on to the team. It can be here or via chat/email (support@paperpile.com).

1 Like