Filter by 'Has no note'

Hi! There’s a way to filter documents with notes; is there the ability to filter for documents without notes?

I often leave myself notes about an article for my future self, and finding the read articles without notes is becoming harder and harder.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the request, @kahikatea, and welcome to our forum! We do not currently support negative filters / searches in Paperpile, but we will soon - this and a couple other advanced search features are currently being tested on stage.

In the meantime, there’s a workaround you can use. A negative folder/label can be created by adding all papers to the folder and then going to the label you want to exclude, selecting all papers in there, and using the folder menu to remove the papers from the other folder. This will not stay updated when you add more papers, but may be useful in a pinch.

Hey @vicente. I’ve just realised how incredibly rude my lack of response was! I went away and tried your workaround a couple of times and it indeed did the job (in case anyone else is reading this and wanted to know). Thanks!

That’s great to read, @kahikatea - appreciate the kind follow-up. Hope we’ll have some good news to share about search features soon!