I have a question about the behavior of the gdoc-specific account
- Lets say Person A adds two citations, Paper 1 and Paper 2 to a gdoc
- Now if someone edits the Paper 1 entry directly in the gdoc-specific account by going to Paperpile > View All References, the entry for Paper 1 is then delinked from person A’s account.
- However, the Paper 2 entry is still linked to Person A
- Now if Person A updates both Paper 1 and Paper 2 in their personal account, only Paper 2 updates will propagate.
(1) Is the above accurate?
(2) Is there any way of knowing that Paper 2 is linked to Person A but Paper 1 is not, without actually keeping track of which entries were directly edited via the gdoc-specific account? Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will show up as “Added by Person A” IIUC.