Google Doc Bug: Every other character in a sentence gets a hyperlink to a set of references

Thanks for the document. The problem is that I can only see the end result. I’ve worked with a couple of these examples already without any results.

Can you give me a step by step guide how I can produce such a document starting from an empty Google document? It seems you have some “experience” with this bug now that you are closest to reproduce it.

In any case, sorry for all the trouble. We’re fixing bugs with every release but some are exceptionally tough.

Your are very quick! I just edited the previous comment, but you managed to reply first. Can you see if you are able to reproduce it with the 8 steps that I outlined?

Best,
Kaur

Thanks. I finally can now reproduce. :grinning:

Unfortunately this is clearly a Google Docs bug. This has nothing to do with Paperpile.

I can do this with a normal URL. When I add a text that is a URL like “Link” and then write “Link123456” in suggestion mode, every other number will be a URL. This is clearly not the desired behaviour. Instead none of them should be a URL. Here is a video:

We have reported the bug in the Docs help forum and also sent them a “feedback” message through Google Docs. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/docs/x-G2G9HPk4s;context-place=forum/docs

Unlike in this forum here, it’s impossible to communicate directly with Google Docs developers so the outcome is unclear.

1 Like