Google Doc Plugin - Keyboard Shortcut Error

Have enjoyed using Paperpile for a number of years now. However, as of a few days ago, when I go to cite in Google Docs using the Ctrl + Alt + P shortcut, it is simultaneously bringing up the Print dialog box (presumably due to the Ctrl + P shortcut?).

The Paperpile citation interface still shows but so does the printing box which, as you can imagine, is a bit frustrating. I have tried reinstalling chrome, searching for ways to disable system shortcuts, and unintalling other extensions. I am trying to figure out if this might be a bug within Paperpile or is a systems issue.

Currently using a Windows 11 Laptop, citing from Chrome.

Would appreciate any advice

Welcome to our forum, @William_Xu! That’s strange, is it still the case? We haven’t received other reports of this so far, nor has anything changed on our end. If the issue is persisting, it would be worth to try the same from another browser – Paperpile runs on any Chromium-based one like Brave, Vivaldi, MS Edge in case you’re able to use any of them for troubleshooting.

Thanks Vincete, I just tried it using Brave and the same issue is coming up. Seems like it probably is a system issue rather than Paperpile issue. Will look elsewhere for a workaround

@William_Xu, we did actually receive another report of this yesterday, and it seems to be related to the latest update of Chrome and/or Google Docs. The team is still investigating – will share any updates I get.

I also am encountering this in Google Docs (on Windows 10, Chrome Version 104.0.5112.81). Paperpile might not have much control over the issue, but any workarounds are appreciated.

Please restart your browser or go to chrome://extensions/ and update the Paperpile extension – the team released an update where this is fixed. Let us know otherwise.