How to rotate or auto rotate?

I am using and enjoying the iOS beta app. However, I am not able to figure out how to get a .pdf to rotate when I rotate my phone. For wider .pdf files, I would like to rotate the phone to landscape orientation and have the .pdf view rotate, but I cannot find how to configure this manually, or have the app detect when the phone rotates and rotate automatically. Any hints?

Thanks
Mike

Mike, landscape mode is currently disabled for iPhones but will work on iPads. You’re not the first to request it, so I’m adding your +1 to the topic on our internal tracker. Hopefully we’ll be able to add it on a future update.

Thanks, Vicente. Would love to see it soon, as it makes some .pdfs too small to read, even on an iPhone 11+.

Hi Vicente, do you have an ETA for enabling landscape mode on iPhone? It is driving me crazy that such a seemingly obvious feature is not available. Is there some technical difficulty associated with enabling it? Is it possible to enable it through some custom setting?

Thanks
Mike

Thanks for the revert, Mike. Our apps dev confirms there are indeed technical difficulties in implementing landscape mode - the feature made the layout look broken when initially enabled on phones and we haven’t found stable solutions for it.

I don’t have a timeline to share since the topic is not currently being prioritized, but it’s on the team’s radar (particularly since I’ve just brought it up with them and bumped it again on our internal tracker). Sorry I don’t have better news for now.

Hi Vicente,

How broken is the layout? At the moment, the lack of this feature is making the Paperpile app unusable on my iPhone, since most .pdfs of papers are wide enough that the text is unreadable even when scaled such that a whole line just barely fits across the screen in portrait mode. Even a broken looking landscape layout would likely be better.

Thanks
Mike

Hi Vicente,

Wondering if there is any update on progress with this? It is really frustrating not to have this most basic of capabilities.

Thanks
Mike

We are actively looking into this. We let you know when there are any updates.

Thanks for the update; looking forward to having the feature.

Mike

Hello! has this been fixed? I’m having the same issues – I can’t find how to rotate a pdf on the android app

@Adelaida_Tamayo, is this still the case? What device are you using? You should be able to rotate to landscape like on any other app, provided you’ve allowed screen rotation on your device configuration. Let me know.

Working for me.Thanks for fixing!