I used to be able to drag around individual references in the same citation to an order of my liking, but this doesn’t work anymore - i.e., when I click and hold, the bubbles are not moving…
EDIT: doesn’t work on latest chrome or firefox
I used to be able to drag around individual references in the same citation to an order of my liking, but this doesn’t work anymore - i.e., when I click and hold, the bubbles are not moving…
EDIT: doesn’t work on latest chrome or firefox
Thank you for reporting, @mluerig. We can reproduce it, and the team has made a bug for the issue. We’ll keep you updated here.
I noticed that when I format the citations they are sorted alphabetically, which I don’t think was the case before
@mluerig though the blue reference bubbles in a citation cluster can be dragged/rearranged (or will be again once we address the bug), the final order of in-text citations is determined by the chosen citation style guidelines, which often call for alphabetical order.
Please, is there any solution?
This is also still broken for me and I would also like to see a solution - in particular for the use case where you need to use prefixes to identify sets of citations in a particular order independently of the citation style, e.g. (A, Y, Z, but see B, C, X), or (case 1: A, X; case 2: B, Y; case 3: C, Z). Looking forward to this being fixed - thanks in advance.
any update on this? Still facing the same issue
Thanks for adding to this thread, @Hansley_Gumbaketi. We have fixed this issue in our new Google Docs plugin (in beta). You can drag the citation bubbles in the new Insert citation dialog. To try it out, go to the Paperpile menu in Google Docs, where you can switch to the new plugin. You can switch back anytime.