Integration with Slack

I see this was brought up a while ago by stefan. it would be great for our lab, which is on paperpile and slack! thanks

3 Likes

I would love to drop everything and work on Slack integration :slight_smile: Also Paperpile runs on Slack…

But we need to stay disciplined and look at every feature with an objective mindset.

What would be your use case? How would improve the Slack integration your workflow?

2 Likes

Yes, I guess we have to pick our goals – it would be nice to have a more streamlined way to share paperpile papers/minilibraries through slack but it still works through link sharing. I would rather have the ability to add to my paperpile library directly from a mobile search, if you’re taking votes.

1 Like

Can I +1 this one? Among the things mentioned it would be great to get Slack posting to an appropriate channel when someone adds a new paper on Paperpile. (Ideally, posts to the appropriate channel based on paper’s labels!)

1 Like

Hi Stefan,

Any news in this topic?
It would be awesome to add Paperpile to Slack.

Thanks!

would be great to have individual paperpile shared folders notify those associated with that sharing; other use would be to notify via bot when anyone posted a paperpile sharing link anywhere (2 use cases for the different kinds of sharing).

I also noticed someone mentioned use of labels as a means of sharing – guess then would make it so you subscribe to a label??

I would also love to get an update on this. Paperpile integration into slack would be amazing i.e. by placing a paper in a Paperpile folder that sends an automatic notification in a slack channel. Is this feasible?

1 Like