Microsoft Word error: "Compile error in hidden module: 'utils'. "

Hi all! I love Paperpile and use it frequently with Google Docs but ultimately need to submit manuscripts as Word Docs, which is why I was excited to see the beta version of Paperpile for Word had been released.
However, I can’t get it to work at all. Any time I try to add a citation, I get an error message from Word saying “Compile error in hidden module: ‘utils’. This error commonly occurs when code is incompatible with the version, platform, or architecture of this application.” and ultimately have to force quit the program. Any ideas? I’m running Word 2016 version 15.27 on macOS Catalina version 10.15.6.
Thanks in advance y’all and let me know if I need to provide any more details!

Thanks for reaching out, @Harly_Durbin. Could you please send us the plugin log file so the team can further investigate? The easiest way to find the log is through the “P” icon on Word > Preferences > Send Log File , then attach the paperpile-logs.txt file to your message (might be better via chat/email). Let me know!

Hi, Was there a solution to this problem? I am getting the same error message. Thank you

Hi! Thanks for chiming in. We haven’t heard back from the original poster; like I mentioned above we need the plugin log to investigate the issue. You can find it via the “P” icon on Word > Preferences > Send Log File , then attach the paperpile-logs.txt file to your message (might be better via chat/email). Let me know!

Sorry for the late response @vicente - somehow missed the notification for your original message. I’ve found the log file but am struggling to figure out how to message it to you and can’t seem to attach it here. Is there an email I can send it to? Or should I just copy and paste it into this thread?

@eirenechloe @vicente I should also add that I coincidentally updated Word to version 16.4 yesterday. Just tried Paperpile again and it seems to work after the update!

Thanks for the revert, @Harly_Durbin, and no worries about the delay. Happy to know the issue was resolved by the Word update! If you or @eirenechloe run / keep running into issues with the plugin, you can send the log file to our email support@paperpile.com or via the chat bubble in the lower right corner of the webapp.