Notes while reading

Maybe I’m missing something - is there a way to add general notes from within the PDF viewer? I can’t find a way to do this. I don’t mean sticky notes, but rather notes that you can see from the main library view.

5 Likes

It would be interesting to hear an answer too

1 Like

This was possible in our old PDF viewer which has been discontinued. Currently there’s no way to do this in our beta viewer, but we do intend to bring the feature back over next updates.

3 Likes

Thanks. Any idea of the timing for these updates? Within the next year?

The way we are currently progressing, next year would seem like a reasonable prediction - but we’re not yet able to make concrete promises. We’ll definitely keep you posted.

What’s definitely planned is to show all the stickies and highlights in Paperpile. I’ve added the “planned” tag.

1 Like

I think what would be particularly useful is to be able to view one’s notes (again, not just stickies) from within Paperpile. When you have 1000’s of papers, all the tags in the world don’t necessarily help you recall which article is which, but being able to see your own notes could really help. Ideally this would be a separate pane that could always stay open as you scroll through the papers.

3 Likes