Onedrive integration, MS Office Integration

Office Setup is here to help for the integration

I want to see Paperplie integrated with Onedrive and Microsoft Word. Please…

Integration with libre office would be wonderful!

While we are working on a Word plugin, and currently have it in private beta on macOS, we do not have any current plans for Libre Office integration.

Thank you! Word plugin would be great too.
I am on Windows.
I feel that Google started degenerating, they make poor decisions and mess things up. Their Drive is buggy - I am getting errors all the time and once in a while they mess up my files. So I am looking for a way to move to Dropbox + Word Online. Or any other platform that supports multi-user editing and Paperpile.

I agree with this request and want to bring up the following aspect - based on my current placement in China as part of my PhD: Here in China, google and related services are under censorship, so it is very cumbersome to use google drive and gdocs (which I would not use anyway as it is too much trouble in terms of collaboration). With Dropbox censored too, OneDrive is the only reliable cloud storage among the big global players at the moment. Needless to say: China is a ginormous enough market to consider making a Service workable here. Integration with MS Word is the only thing that keeps me from buying at this point, so also my question: is the Word Integration being rolled out anytime soon? I have to make a decision on which tool to go with soon!

1 Like

this is from december 2016, right? you guys have no update on this since? I mean will it be another few weeks vs another few years is really something you could share, don’t you think? Some of us are just waiting for this feature in order to subscribe…

1 Like

Hey, Also looking for an update since the discussion petered off. I’d like to switch over from a mixed Mendeley and Endnote use pattern but integration with MS Word in Windows along with OneDrive would be the clincher. Virtually no one uses a mac (not that they aren’t great computers) in engineering, bioengineering as their primary machine for writing. Please develop a plugin for word or even word online as the online feature set continues to improve. Good product! Looking to move over more fluidly.

1 Like

Send us a short message through the in app messenger or support@paperpile.com and we send you an invite for our Word plugin for windows.

+1 for OneDrive integration. I actually posted a similar thing to Dropbox thread but our university uses Microsoft OneDrive and we all get large storage space there. I was about to order a number of licences for my team but then I remembered Paperpile only works with Google Drive. If we could use OneDrive we could have a shared library and not worry about storage. Thanks

1 Like

Hi Andreas, is it ready? Really need to decide my reference manager tool and I like paperpile buy I need the word and OneDrive integration.
Teacher and academic to tend to have Ondedrive and not Google drive.

Thanks for the bump here, @Susana_Lopes, and welcome to our forum. On a similar thread about Dropbox I just stated we understand the importance of this feature for many users and the advantages of supporting OneDrive and other providers. It makes complete sense to offer more storage alternatives; we’ve simply decided to prioritize other topics deemed more urgent/impactful first based on user statistics & demand.

Some of the updates we are currently working on (new log-in options in particular) will pave the way for us to be able to consider implementing more storage solutions in the future. As usual, I’m logging this +1 on our internal tracker.

1 Like

I’m happy with the integration in MS Word, that was a reason for me to make the switch from Mendeley. If only it would also work in Word Online… Sometimes we really need to go to the online version for stability when working simultaneously.

I am looking forward to onedrive integration as well.

2 Likes

Hi when is this paperpile X Microsoft onedrive integration ready? I really want the paperpile to store the books on my onedrive.
Kind regards,
Susana

Hi @Susana_Lopes! No updates on this front yet – what I mentioned in my reply last year still holds true: although we appreciate the need for many of our users (expressed here on the forum and via other channels as well), integrating with other cloud storage providers is still not among our most demanded features. We will be able to consider/prioritize the topic once we implement some of what’s currently on our roadmap.

1 Like

@vicente is there any update on the Onedrive integration? It should be a priority for the team right now because, over the coming months, Google plans to roll out storage limitations for university accounts. Very soon, all our papers might be lost, and there might be little use for Paperpile within the academic community.

Welcome to our forum, @Victor_Boyi, and thanks for adding your voice here. Could you share where / how you heard about Google’s plans for storage? I’ll add your +1 to the topic on our tracker.

Although my last reply on this thread still holds true, it’s important to note that we also back up and sync PDFs to our own (S3) servers, so one can choose not to sync to Google Drive without fear of losing files – they would still be available from the library interface (and across devices).

Hello @vincente, here is the original post on google’s website saying that schools will now be limited to 100TB from July this year: 1. Overview of Google Workspace for Education storage - Google Workspace Admin Help

Here is the same information on some schools’ websites:
Uni of Arizona:
https://it.arizona.edu/google-storage

Others include (a) Case Western Reserve: h-t-t-p-s://case.edu/utech/about/utech-news/unlimited-google-storage-will-end-july-2024-all-cwru-users, (b) University of Colorado: h-t-t-p-s://oit.colorado.edu/news/google-ending-unlimited-storage, © Florida Atlantic University: h-t-t-p-s://m.fau.edu/signed_in/device/large-spider/news/detail?feed=staff_announcements&id=c3d8d80b-2d74-538b-ba4e-82beb9ca40e7, (d) University of Washington: h-t-t-p-s://itconnect.uw.edu/connect/productivity-platforms/google-productivity-platform/uw-google-changes-project/, (e) UC Berkeley: h-t-t-p-s://bconnected.berkeley.edu/projects/storage-changes, (f) University of Alabama: h-t-t-p-s://oit.ua.edu/services/email/google/

PS I scrambled the https prefix in the second part because the forum will not allow me to post more than two links.

1 Like
  • 1 here! Support word online and Onedrive instead of google drive will be a big plus for a lot of users from academic.
1 Like