PaperPile buttons missing in google search

I am wondering if this is a conflict with my browser and recently installed extensions or a Paperpile issue but I just noted my add to paperpile buttons are missing.

Hi, Tony, welcome to PP! Normally, this occurs when the PP extension cannot find that you are logged in. You can try opening the PP website, logging out and logging back in.

1 Like

I’m getting the same issue and I’ve done the requested step above. Maybe there was a browser update?

I am experiencing this as well. I’ve tried the proposed solution, and it did not work.

Hi, guys, perhaps I misspoke a bit. IME the problem happens because PP cannot connect to my google account. It is possible that merely restarting PP is insufficient to make that connection. For example, if you have multiple google accounts PP might connect to the wrong one. As with any networking kind of setup, one of the first things to try is to restart the entire network, but in a specific order. So, for example, try

1. sign out of all google accounts and sign out of PP.
  2. Log off of google docs
  3. Sign out of PP
  4. Sign in to the specific google account that is connected to PP
  5. Sign in to PP
  6. Open google scholar and search

now you should see the PP buttons.
Try the same thing with google search

Thanks @Tony_Cambridge, @rlannan and @_mattboud for the reports, and @Bruce_Borkosky for the support. Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. The behavior you experienced was most likely caused by a temporary glitch in the extension, which the team has since resolved with an update - so you should now be seeing the buttons normally in Google search results. Please don’t hesitate to let us know otherwise, here or via chat/email (support@paperpile.com)