Paperpile not citing correctly for APA 6th

It just started happening recently so I am not sure what has caused this. Up until now the citations have been correct. Since last week Sunday, the in-text citations look like this:
(Battersby, Harris, Smith, Reed, & Woodman, 2015) and some look like this: (Schrader et al., 2014). and (Battersby et al. 2008; Regan-Smith et al. 2006). For most part i’s doing it correctly but then for some articles it adds all the authors into the inline citation.
Would you be able to point me in the right direction as to what I can do to fix this. Could it be a recent ugrade of OS Catalina? The other thing is we sometimes work on google docs in a group and add our own sections. The other group members maybe use a different citation tool. Could that maybe have caused some interference with Paperpile? Sorry for the silly questions but I’m just trying to provide you with as much info as I I can so you can see where the problem lies. It’s more than likely something I am doing or something I have pressed by mistake, But I would really like to fix it. I really love Paperpile and it has been an amazing tool so far.
Thank you so much.
Monika

For between three and five authors, all must be listed the first time the article is cited, and only the first author in subsequent citations. It sounds like that might be what is going on.

https://blog.apastyle.org/apastyle/2011/11/the-proper-use-of-et-al-in-apa-style.html