I have turned on the feature to use the paperpile pdf reader as the default pdf reader for my browser, but papers only open in the paperpile pdf viewer when I open them from within the webapp. If I right click on a pdf in my local file directory, select “open with…”, and choose my browser, the pdf opens in the chrome reader.
I’m using Vivaldi browser, which is Chromium and which uses the Chrome pdf viewer.
This feature worked initially, but then stopped. Unfortunately I don’t know/recall any specific event that may caused this.
I tried to correct the issue by uninstalling other extensions, and then by reinstalling vivaldi entirely. But it didn’t fix the issue.