Recover deleted folder

I deleted a folder from my library, but not the papers. A few days later I decided that I wanted to keep the folder after all. Is there a way that I can recover the folder?

Welcome to the Paperpile community, @rfriedman22. I’m afraid that there isn’t a way to recover the folder once you’ve deleted it. If you have any other questions about folders and labels, don’t hesitate to reach out here or over support chat.

Thanks @suzanne! My understanding of this page was that there might be a backup of my library data that I can recover somewhere.

Your library data (references, folders, labels,…) is saved on our servers.

If that’s not the case, that’s okay, but then the help page is a little unclear.

Thank you for pointing out the issue with the help page, @rfriedman22. The help page wording applies to your data that is currently in your Paperpile library, not data that is permanently removed. I’ve let our website team know about the ambiguity.

The dialog for deleting folders does give a warning that the action of removing a folder cannot be undone, which means deleted data is not saved on our servers.

The dialog for permanently removing papers from your Paperpile Trash shows a similar warning.