Request: Compact view

An alternative compact view where each reference item only takes up one line on the screen would make it easier to find things without a lot of scrolling, and would make bulk operations easier.

16 Likes

Seconded - I actually just asked the devs about this feature. I was thinking something like Title - Year - Author in a single line, or maybe even select which data you want displayed. But simply single-line entries would an awesome addition.

2 Likes

Yes I’d also like this

Please add this! I moved from Mendeley to Paperpile and PP is superior in every way except information density. It becomes tedious to try and scroll to find an article (when you can’t find it directly with a search because its too generic) because of the interface having to pause to load the next set of articles. It’s discouraged me from skimming through my library to just see what I have if I want to revisit an old piece.

Yes please. I’ve only this second migrated from Zotero to PP and it’s the first thing that frustrates me. I loved the way Zotero showed so much of my library in one view because the display was compact and I went looking for the setting in PP that allowed me to select a compact view.

1 Like

Yes please! For the time being, I’ve been using the Stylus Chrome plugin to edit the CSS on the page, but this is just a hack. The option for Endnote-like reference-list density would be cool.

1 Like

Hey, I completely second that. I would also be interested in the CSS hack?

Yes please. It’ll make the search much much more efficient!

1 Like

This seems to have been a wish from some for a long time. Any indication that it is on the radar for development? :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the ping here, @ibdj. This matter is on our radar and will likely be coming soon as our extension and UI are undergoing extensive changes, currently in beta. Although compact/alternative displays won’t be part of the first wave of updates, it is scheduled for consideration once the current novelties are up and running.

Hi @vicente IS there somewhere where I can see what features you are actively working on?

@ibdj our roadmap has the broad description, but if you sign up to the beta you will get a detailed list (even if you decide not to test).

1 Like