Resolving PDFs through EZProxy

I would really like this too.

ME TOO!! This is an important feature for any serious investigator.

I would use this as well

I am also awaiting this feature.

Warmly,

Robert

Me too. This would be a huge help. Other reference managers offer this, so I don’t think it’s an unreasonable request

Me too. Off-campus access through EZProxy will be very useful

me too; tho I’m glad it works through VPN

Me too. I would love to test it out with our university network. Thanks!

Me too. Would be happy to test it here at Harvard.

I would like to test this as well.

For all those that want to participate, please send an email with the name of your institution and the URL of your EZProxy login site to andreas@paperpile.com. This will help us in configuring Paperpile’s EZProxy infrastructure.

I would be happy to try it out here at Stanford. Fully integrated remote access via EZProxy is critical.

Thanks! Actually we make very good progress and hope we can start public tests soon.

We have started our EZProxy beta tests! Please drop us an in-app message or an e-mail from the account you are using Paperpile with if you would like to participate in testing. Check-out this link on how to configure your proxy setting sin Paperpile: https://paperpile.com/help#guide-proxy

2 Likes

I would be happy to try it out too.

I’d love to try this out as well.

Would love to try it as well.

@nsd2001 @tiflove Please send us a quick reminder to support@paperpile.com or via the in app messenger. The forum user names are not directly connected to Paperpile accounts so we don’t who you are.

me too. I want this feature

I’m glad to see that PaperPile has pushed the EZProxy integration into production.

Unfortunately, I will probably not be able to use it because our campus seems to have no intention of implementing it. And I kind of understand why: EZProxy is a great idea, but a flawed implementation.

Great Idea: a URL-rewriting proxy so that users can use the proxy only when needed rather than having to set it up system-wide as most OS’s and browsers require.

Flawed implementation: it’s closed-source and costs the campus significant money. I’m thoroughly surprised that this hasn’t been done, at a fraction of the cost, as a bunch of rules for Apache mod_proxy_html or similar.